09 September 2009

Bruschetta # 2

I bake bread. Because it's homebaked, there's no preservative or additives. Therefore, it can't keep long. Good for me, I have a recipe to make use of my bread. It's the BRUSCHETTA.

According to Wikipedia:
Bruschetta (Italian pronunciation: [brusˈketta] ( listen)) is a food the origin of which dates to at least the 15th century from central Italy. It consists of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Variations may include toppings of spicy red pepper, tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, and/or cheese; the most popular American recipe involves basil, fresh mozzarella, and tomato. Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer.

Read more here.

This is how I made mine.


Some homebaked bread,
Chopped tomatoes & onions, salt,pepper, olive oil and parsley....mixed well.




Slice bread into small squares (or whatever shape you fancy), spoon tomato-onion mix ( do I call this salsa?!) onto the bread. Top with sliced cheese and squeeze some mayo.

Put it into the grill till the cheese melts. Yum yummmm. :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment